From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 07:28:24 -0400
On Tue, 23 May 2000, Amadeus Schmidt wrote:

> >If you ate that many nuts, the protein yield would be about 60g,
> >depending on which type of nuts you ate.  I know that you are
> >happy with that amount of protein, but I am not.
>
> How much protein and kcal do you eat then?

I use Sears/Eades formulas and aim for about 140g of protein per
day.  That's based on my lean body mass of about 183, and a
"moderately active" lifestyle.

> I think if you take nuts as the main dish over the day, then
> completing ones energy hunger would very easily satisfy protein wishes.
> While much of the energy comes in the form of nice fats, how i'd whish
> them to be.

I have tried this, Amadeus, using a mix of almonds, walnuts, and
brazil nuts.  I don't find it satisfactory, although I can
certainly survive on such a diet.  And I do like nuts.  The
w-6:w-3 ratio is too high, and after a few days I begin to see
signs of that, such as acne (and I'm 46 years old).  Acne is an
inflammatory process and it makes sense that an EFA imbalance
would trigger it.  I wish I had known about this when I was 16.

Todd Moody