From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 16:00:08 -0500
From: Snowlight
> > POTATOES ARE THE WORST POSSIBLE CHEAT on a paleodiet.
> Oh, I don't know, Twinkies, cheetos and coke come to mind as possibly
worst
> than a natural tuber growing in the earth.

According to an article in Smithsonian Magazine, potatoes are the most
chemically contaiminated food you can buy.

Organic potatoes are 8-10 times more carcinogenic because the fungus that
infects them is that much more cancer causing than the fungicide (also a
carcinogen) and pesticides found on the "impure" kind.

The lectins in potatoes also cause a paticular kind of vitimin A deficiency
that, until the recent export of suplements to the third world, was the
leading cause of childhood blindness.

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
http://www.neanderthin.com