Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 08:35:00 -0800
>Ardeith writes:
>I'm wondering if his energy droops during the day ... otherwise I'd
>agree with him........our ancestors woke, broke their fast with
>whatever was left of last nights supper, and snacked through the day
>as they gathered whatever they were gathering ... if they rested
>through the heat of midday, they may have eaten a meal at that time
>... I don't think three square meals a day existed until the
>Industrial Revolution made it necessary for people to report to work
>at a particular time, work until a particular time to break for
>lunch, and then work until time to go home to their regularly
>scheduled suppers.

Well, he's 70 years old and he has been working 7 days a week for 3
weeks now and he's extremely tired every night, goes to sleep quite
early. It's hard for me to know how much of his tiredness is from
working so much or from his eating habits. He does seem to get enough
calories every day though - his evening meal is pretty large and he
usually has some nuts afterwards, sometimes with raisins.

Zoe