C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yvonne Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 12:31:15 -0400
I think it is very interesting that each listserve seems to have its own "personality". I belong to 4 [this one, CPParent, hbotforcp (discussion group for HBO) and LOOK (loss of a special needs child)]. Each one has a different tone and atmosphere though they are all pertaining in some way to special needs. It's like having different groups of friends that rarely meet each other. It can actually be a little weird sometimes when you know people on two or more lists - like bumping into someone at a party when you didn't expect to see them there.  :-)

Yvonne

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/09/00 11:31AM >>>
As I said this is a whole new frontier(using listservs for research). Most
of what has been done has been in the form of sending surveys to lists and
hoping people will respond. No one has thought of studying the threads on a
list "au naturel". That seems to me my "contribution" and I came up with it
from my experiences on C-Palsy. It is ironic, that here I am about to
retire, and I come up with this idea that could takes forever! C'est le
Guere!

I have spent about three months om POLIO and theres is a different
community. No
better or worse, just very different, i.e., older, pps concerns, aging issues,
medicare, etc.

Bobby