C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 21:10:18 -0700
At 09:30 PM 5/15/00 -0400, you wrote:
>My 4 year old goes to pre-K and the other day while being transported from
>school 1 (a normal pre-K) to her special school the bus driver did not have
>the car seat strapped in and turned.  Needless to say that carseat, child and
>all went face down on the floor.
>
>She dropped her off at the 2nd school and did not say a word.  She thought it
>would be passed off or something.  We took her to the hospital to get her
>head x-rayed and all the bruises documented, black eye and all.
>
>The aid that is to be on the bus with a special needs child was not on the
>bus and hot not been for 3 weeks, she had not told anyone about that either.
>Needless to say.... they have said that the girl is fired.  We shall see.

Have you informed the authorities?  This can be a form of child abuse.  The
school district is responsible for your child when she gets on the
bus.  The school is liable for your daughter.  There is no excuse for not
knowing that there was an aide for over 3 weeks.  If the driver couldn't
get the car seat fasten, by law they could not take your daughter.

I highly suggest you seek legal council.  This is not something to hide
under the carpet.  Your daughter was in danger.

This is very serious.

Toobs