RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 02:28:46 -0800
> What about cultivated fruits that are grown in high quality, highly
> mineralized soil?

like the fruits that i am harvesting  in old orchards abandonned for many
many years , those fruits have better concentrated taste than their still
cultivated counterparts ( same variety ) .
we have not that much  knowledge of the impact on the ecosystem of the soil
that occur when  we interrupted  the natural fertilising process by logging
and tilling the ground .
i have a sense that this impact is enormous on the avalability  and balance
of minerals for the plants ..
there is no such thing as a demineralised soil ,the minerals are there  ,
no problem , the problems occur when those minerals are locked and not
available for the plants and it might be that a plant with its full genetic
make up proved by the test of living in the wild might have a capacity to
fully take advantage of the potential of the soil while a domesticated
genetic might be unable to built its tissues so eficiently .
my practice of natural farming show me that many  domesticated plants if not
pampered can't make it on ther own in a natural context .
and a domesticated plant of that sort will require many generations in
Natural farming condition ( no tilling , no fertilising no weeding , no
treatments of diseases, no pruning  to thrive on its own .)
do you know that the ancestor of wheat ( laegylopse) is a diploid plant with
14 chromosoms while modern wheat is exaploid with 42 chromosoms , quite a
difference that researchers in France think can't be the product of luck but
have been the result of  sophisticated genetic modification ...

 my experience is that
> cultivated fruits can be balanced out with other appropriate foods, and a
> high level of nutritional balance can be attained and maintained.

we will see! for how long have you been eating that way ?
in my experience of eating instinctively a food unbalanced in its
composition or lacking vigor , flavor , lead to  a lack of satisfaction and
overeating and   digestive surcharge   .
as i pointed out before the quality of the aromas rather than the
macronutients balance of the food     is determinant for a succesfull
response to the metabolic need of the moment .
just compare the taste of wild blackberry with the taste of one of the many
domesticated varieties, or a seed less watermelon compared to a variety with
seeds ....

jean-claude