From:
Teresa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 21:25:21 -0700

I'm still trying to find a solution to my hair loss, which I only
recently began to notice...still no luck.  Been taking large doses of B
vits, particularly B6, Folic Acid, Choline as I read in Adelle Davis'
"Let's Get Well" book that these are essential to healthy hair.  I've
had very dry palms for many years, but wondering if any of you have the
same symptom?  Is that a common trait of celiacs or am I dealing with
something else?

By the way, I had my thyroid tested and it came up normal so according
to my doc, that's not the cause of either the dry hands or the hair loss
(I seem to lose lots when I wash it and see hairs that have fallen out
throughout the day).  Another by the way...my Nutritional Healing book
says to keep in mind it's normal to lose anywhere from 50 to 100 hairs a
day!  I find this hard to believe!  I can't imagine that that many new
hairs come in each day to replace those lost...what say all of you????
Also, Adelle Davis did mention that caffeine leaches vital nutrients
from the body, so I've cut it WAY DOWN, but now I'm coming to the
conclusion that perhaps I need to cut it out completely.

One more fact in this whole scenario...I've been battling a systemic
yeast (candida) infection for many months now and since the intestines,
when healthy, are supposed to manufacture B vitamins, perhaps that's
greatly impaired with a yeast infection and thus the body (particularly
the hands and hair) is not getting  the needed nutrients.  What do you
all say about that?  It's a theory of mine, but it seems to make
sense...just wish there was an easy way to rid myself of this festering
yeast infection.

So, all in all, I'm puzzled by how to feed a healthy scalp, and when
there's problems, how to rectify it. (I can live with dry hands...I'm
not quite ready to live without my hair though).

Sure appreciate any input you all can give.

Thanks in advance.

Teresa