From:
Elizabeth Ipp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 22:08:36 -0400

I just read the rules on summarizing responses, so here it goes:

    Corn and rice have gluten but not gliadin. Gliadin is the amino acid
which is found in the gluten protein of wheat, rye, oats (pending) and
barley that is  destroying our microvilli. Corn is hard to digest for
some, but, unless there is any allergic reaction, it is ok to eat. I say
pending with oats because there is still research being done to
determine if they cause damage to our villi or not.  But until the
research is conclusive it is important to stay away from oats.

Thanks again everyone!

God bless,

Elizabeth