Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 10:44:29 -0700
From:
sj zickel <[log in to unmask]>

My daughter is GF & does great except when she gets annatto - whether in
cheese, ice cream, butter, microwave popcorn.  It's just like a gluten
reaction.  We try the same products with out the annatto & she is fine
so dairy is not the problem (white cheese, choc. ice cream, etc are OK).
 All products have been know GF products.

She is not allergic to anything -  her IgE is so low that allergies have
been totally ruled out.

I know annatto is a vegetable coloring & listed as "suspect" ingredient
on certain lists.  Can someone tell me why?   How is it connected to
gluten?

She reacts every time, consistently, regardless of the amount.
We are totally avoiding it - but I'd like to understand the connection
to gluten.  Will summarize but may be slow..

Thanks,
Jennifer Zickel