From:
Hutton, Karen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 14:44:53 -0600

I received many posts.  I will be setting my subscription to nomail as I
will be away for a week (Apr 10 - 16).  Please hold any further responses
until then.  Thank-you.

So far here are the results of my post.  Please remember I am just passing
on others' comments, mine were in the original post.

COMMENTS (nothing scientific here, only personal comments from posters)

Grateful, lucky, fortunate that gluten is only intolerance

Silent Celiacs - Asymptomatic as well as quiet voices on list-serve

Celiac diet is only offending grains and not lactose as well

Quick diagnosis resulted in less food intolerances

Not everything (healthwise) is caused by celiac

Those with multiple food problems are more vocal about there problems since
they are looking for answers to what ails them

Other food intolerances have gone away since going GF

Multiple food intolerances could be due to length of illness prior to
diagnosis of celiac and not all damage will heal

More problems for those with multiple food problems therefore more posts to
list from them

TABULATION OF RESULTS - I included numbers for not only subscribers but also
family members mentioned in posts

Celiac Disease
        Only - 60
        with lactose intolerance - 4
        with corn intolerance - 1
        with acidic food problems - 1
        with rich/greasy food problems - 1
        mild multiple foods (> 1 other) - 2

Celiac Disease

        non compliant with diet - 3

Please do not send posts regarding the last category, I am only summarizing
what was sent to me.  Also please do not bombard the list-serve as each
individual is aware of their choices and consequences.

Please note change in email (was kbulmer now khutton)

KAREN HUTTON
    Systems Analyst     Phone: (780) 491-5565
    Information Systems Pager:  (780) 445-1320
CAPITAL HEALTH  Fax:       (780) 491-5119
EDMONTON, ALBERTA         E-mail: [log in to unmask]