From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2000 16:12:35 -0400
> IMO, far and away the best thing to do is to disable Comm2 in your BIOS if
> you are not using it, and install the modem to the IRQ that the port uses
> (which is 3 or 4, can't quite recall). This puts the modem on an
> ideal IRQ.
> If you try to install it plug-and-pray, it may wind up on IRQ 10 or above,
> which is bad for a couple of reasons- Windows services the IRQ's
> sequentially, so a lower IRQ is better. Also, I have been told

        I BELIEVE, and correct me if I am wrong, that Windows services interrupts
in the same order as the PC hardware orders them, if this is the case then
this is the service order:

0-1-2-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-3-4-5-6-7

Please correct me if I am wrong on this. TTYL

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html