From:
Olushola Sowande <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 22:39:37 -0500
Thanks Bob and Walter for that description. I want to do something
like Bob. I have an ATI AIW128 16mg AGP. I'm trying to use a software
program (Hypercam, Snagit, Camtasia) to record screen activity. For
some reason I can't get more than 2FPS. On my machine at work  which
is of comparable performance (it uses the Riva Nvidia) I get about 15
FPS at 16M colors at 800x600. So I'm assuming the difference is the
ATI card. However other people with the same AIW card don't seem to
have this problem. So I was thinking about picking up one of those
Winnov cards; specifically the Videum AV (PCI) for AVI capture as
well as screen capture.

I like the AIW card as it captures directly to mpeg1. That's about
the only reason I use it. However to get better mpeg I could capture
uncompressed AVI (of course using the fasttrak raid 0) and then use
other programs to convert to mpeg.

So when I want to do direct mpeg1 captures I would use the ATI. for
AVI and grabbing screen activity I would use the other card. I was
just confused about how I would select one or the other as the
primary. So if I understand you correctly I would have to do it
manually at boot-up, right?

Thanks
Olushola

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD... All the files from our File Download
         area and much more...  over 165 files, all on one CD!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions