C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jan Nottmeier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:59:56 -0400
Hello group, I know I have not posted in a while.  I have been busy with
studies.  I hope everyone is doing well.

While in between classes at a community college I ran into a man who is
also wheelchair bound like me.  Even though he is married we often
chat/look at females on campus.  I had been keeping my eye on one girl.
(My friend in the wheelchair knew this).  I mean she and I had talked as
friends but I always get shy about asking females out.  I believe I am
like this because I am afraid of a "normal girl's" reaction.  Not to
mention I got stood up on my senior prom.  But that is another story.

My wheelchair friend on the other hand is not very shy.  He is 35 years
old and has been divorced two times.  So, one time last week, while I
was in class (without my knowledge), he goes up to her and asks her
whether she has a boyfriend.  She then informed him that no she does not
have a boyfriend.  He then tells her that I have been wanting to ask her
out but I was scared of her reaction.  Plus Ricky, my friend tells her
about how I was stood up at the prom.  She tells him that she would love
to go out with me.  Heidi, told him that she would check her schedule
and get back to him.  So, I could then ask her out.  Heh my friend even
took her to her car and checked the trunk. Ricky, did this to see if my
wheelchair would fit in the back.   It does.  :)

So needless to say I am very excited now.  I will keep you informed.

Jan

PS:  To any new people on the list.  I am a male.