BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Callahan's Preservationeers"
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 14:27:29 EDT
In a message dated 4/27/2000 3:19:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I'm still considered a goddess for having
 attended and survived! >>

Mah Deah Ms. Churchy,

No doubt you are indeed a goddess, although it just dawns on me that nobody
ever considered those of us of the alternate gender as gods for having
survived.

Anyway, the point of this was going to be that even back in the olden days
(when I was there before Heidi and Co were born, or even imagined) we thought
there were lots of things that were, shall we say, not right at Columbia.
For starters, Fitch regularly repeated his lectures from one class session to
the next, and one was never sure whether he knew who was who among the
students.

And before that, we thought there were lots of things that weren't right at
architecture school.   And before that, high school could've been a lot
better.  Junior high (pimples anyone?) was no prize.  Elementary school was
pretty much alright, and it seems to me that nursery school was OK too.

The bottom line, as a contractor with whom I once worked used to say:
Everything's wrong, nothing is right, it's all ass-backwards.

Hplar