From:
Jason Shah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 00:35:43 -0500
Hi everyone. I just signed up for residential DSL access in my home office from Telocity. Their access point is some proprietary gateway with an ethernet, USB and parallel connection. Since this is not a conventional DSL router, it does not have any built in NAT. Does anyone have an idea how I can create a home network and have them all access the Internet via the DSL gateway? Telocity does not support connecting more than one computer to the gateway, but they have conceded that it is possible. From my own networking experience, I imagine I will have to network my systems on a router and then use a crossover to connect the router to the gateway. Somewhere along the line, I would need some kind of network address translation to convert the one static IP address Telocity has given me into a different one for each computer on my network. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Jason Shah

Jason P. Shah
UNI Consulting