From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:10:37 -0800
> > I need to dual boot my PC between Linux and win 2000. Does anyone know a
> > procedure that would work for this? I know that you can dual boot LINUX
>and
> > NT. How is that done, and would the same procedure work?

Yes I am doing this. You can use Lilo = Linux boot loader to do this but I
would use Win 2000s boot loader or a third party program like System
Commander or PowerQuest's Boot Manager. Windows 2000 does NOT get a along
with Linux if both are written into the MBR so when installing Linux do not
let it write to the MBR. Tell it to boot from it's own partition or from a
floppy. If you let Linux write to the MBR  and it does it last then Windows
2000 will not boot. I strongly recommend you back up your MBR before you
install Linux. One of the advantages to a third party boot manager like
System Commander is that you can easily recover if things go south.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html