From:
George Skokan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:28:06 -0500
After changing out a HDD (crashed) I used the old Win98 Startup disc to FDISK and format.  When I put the Win98 SE CD in and tried to run setup, it told me I had the wrong version.(I have the update disc) The disc (Win95) that shipped with the machine(TriGem) will not load correctly on this(or any) machine...that is one of the reasons I upgraded to Win98.  I am caught in a loop.  Is there anyway to load the Win98SE disc I have to the clean disc?  I have tried just copying all the files to the HDD, but I still get the same message.  I even tried my eMachine Win98 restore disc, but couldn't get far enough to use my Win98SE disc. Any help would be appreciated.  The machine is kind of uninteresing without an OS.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html