From:
"Steven J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 10:15:19 -0700
When installing Linux, you can install it on any size drive. But.... the
Linux Kernel must be installed within the first 1024 cylinders of the drive.
My guess is that you are installing Linux on a partition above the
1024 cylinder limit. Your message stated that you are using DOS, so you can
install LILO there. If you later want to remove it, you can use the DOS
command fdisk /mbr

Also, Linux cannot be installed on older version of partition translation
software,
such as OnTrack Disk Manager, AKA Disk Mangler :-). But it does work just
fine with the latest releases, such as the one shipping with Maxtor drives,
called MAXBLAST.

Good Luck!!!!

Steve Wolfe