From:
"Shawn M. Shea" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 12:19:43 -0500
I am fixing a network mess on a system with 14 NT workstations and one NT
server setup as a workgroup. All machines were using NetBEUI to connect but
also had tcp/ip in either a fixed address or as a dhcp client. The server
was not running dhcp and this was causing dhcp errors. I have switched the
entire network to ip addressing...192.168.0.1 thru 198.162.0.15 with
255.255.255.0 as the subnet mask. I want to eliminate NetBEUI altogether and
all machines work except for one workstation #14. It can ping the server and
all other machines but when it logs onto the server it receives the message
that the network path is invalid. All permissions on the server are
identical and all other machines work fine. Any ideas? The machine works
find with NetBEUI. Also is it possible to use Winfax Pro ver.9 on a NetBEUI
based network (to share the faxmodem on one machine). Thanks for the help.

Shawn M. Shea
Microsoft Certified Professional

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html