From:
Yantci Specton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 05:25:18 -0800
Hi, just a comment instead of an answer.

AMD had just announced the completion of
a 1100Mhz( 1.1Ghz) CPU demo codenamed
Thunderbird, and Intel is meeting the challenge
with their new Willamette (?speed) CPU.
Earliest arrival is slated for this summer and
the year end.
The reason I mention this...
When the 133 and 200Mhz  bus cpu's were unveiled
earlier this year prices dropped dramatically on
"older" components. I would expect the same to
happen when the new cpu's arrive. So, this may
offer some oppurtunities for those waiting for a
price drop on Pentium III or Athlon based systems.

-yui shin