NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 22:55:39 -0400
>Do you let the dough rise at all before you divide it and roll it out??
>Is this part of the bread machine processing??

Yes. Perhaps I should have been more specific. If doing it by hand, you
have to let it rise for an hour (or double in size, whichever comes first).
I should also have mentioned that hand mixing requires some minor adjusting
to get the dough to the final state. For those who have never mixed bread
dough by hand, you keep adding the flour in increments till the dough is
just slightly sticky to the touch. Nothing should stick your hands when you
touch it. Place it in a bowl which has been greased with marg.  Press down
the dough then turn it upside down. Place a paper towel over the bowl. Then
let it rise as mentioned before in a warm but not draughty place. A
breadmaker is much simpler but some people prefer a human breadmaker!

Don M