BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Astral Rendered Bee Wax -TM"
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 08:18:34 -0400

<snip>

> There are two schools of thought about this.  When she was three months
> old, one pediatrician said: "The good news is, this is her adult
> personality."  (He didn't go on to offer any bad news.)  Others say
> menacingly, "You're going to pay for this when she's 14."

The latter school of thought is the one that scares me.  Mary Claire (9 and
11/12ths) is what I have come to call "a compliant child."  Much like Sarah,
easy going.  She didn't even cry when you took the dangerous stuff away, and
later, when you asked her to put it down, she would without delay or bother,
and move on to the next interesting thing in life.

My concern is that when the pendulum of rebellion begins to swing, its arc
will start from such a high level of compliance that the rebound will be
ferocious....
Dan Becker,  Executive Director      "Conformists die, but
Raleigh Historic                              heretics live on forever"
Districts Commission                             -- Elbert Hubbard