Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 22:43:54 -0700
8bit
From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
You don't state what kind of printer you have, but this arrived in my inbox
today:
HP PRINTER PROBLEMS
Users experiencing problems or receiving error messages when printing to
their HP Deskjet series printers should try disabling the HP Status Monitor
or HP Toolbox. Under certain circumstances, these can cause communication
errors between your computer and your printer. However, by disabling the
Status Monitor or Toolbox, you will no longer receive information about the
status of the printer or print jobs.

To disable the programs, locate the initialization file for your printer;
the file name starts with HPFDJ and the extension is .ini.  Use Find Files
or Folders in your Start menu to search for HPFDJ or *.ini. Once you've
located the file, double-click to edit it in Notepad or your favorite text
editor. Find the line that reads 2DSMEnable 00 or DSMEnable 00 and change
the 0200 to 0000 (all zeros). Save the file and restart your computer for
the changes to take effect. If you are still experiencing errors, contact HP
by phone (listed under Customer Care in your printer manual) or via its Web
site:

http://www.hewlett-packard.com
Brad Loomis
Los Angeles, CA

> I have a system that continues to report a spool32 error in Kernel module.
> Primarily after a print job has been sent from Microsoft Excel or Word. It
> also occurs (periodically) when running Outlook 98. The system OS is
Windows
> 98 2nd Edition.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html