Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:39:18 +1100
On my computer, win95 perform really bad, since I clear-installed win98, my
computer (P233) works much better. Right now, I'm using win98SE at home and I'm
happy with it (I keep "Windows update"). My computer has not crashed even once
for over half year (Netscape crashed few times, but it didn't bring system with
it). To work best with win98, you will need update hardware drivers, especially
for your video card. Another tip to improve performance is to set a permanent
page file (set min and max virtual memory to same number, I have 600M page
file).

win95 however is faster to load-up in my exp. If you don't play games, you
should try NT, NT works much better than win9x. Win2000 requires 400mhz cpu and
at least 64M RAM to operate (in real life), it is not suitable for a slow
computer.

Anyway, if you don't feel good with win98, you can go back to win95 or give NT a
try.

Jun Qian

Bobby Sutton wrote:

> I have a 1995 Gateway P5 133XL, that came of course with Win 95, have since
> upgraded with 98 upgrade disk, yet I still feel as though it is as not as
> stable as 95 and more resource reducer. I keep wanting to reformat & go back
> to 95. Even with modifications implemented to system.ini suggested by Bob,
> it still (maybe in my mind) seems slower than 95.  Need some thoughts on the
> best OS system for this old workhorse.
>
> Question: What is everyone's opinion on this ?  and anyone else's
> experiences.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html