Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 01:23:16 +1100
Bill Cohane wrote:

> Yes. Quite right. In my Win2000, ALT-ESC switches applications.
> But CTRL-ESC brings up the Start Menu!
>
> I know one (or both) of these works in Win98 to bring up the
> Start Menu because, not having a Windows key, I used to use this
> shortcut all the time.
>
> I never customized any hot keys. But thanks for pointing
> out my mistake. (I'll check out ALT-ESC in Win98 sometime
> if I ever reboot to it. I use Win2000 99.99% now.)

Win98 and Win2K have the same hot-key, Ctrl-Esc to bring up start menu (thank
you for remind me, I almost forgot - I use mouse most time, who will remember
hot key when there is a mouse?). NT4 interface is based on same design of
win9x, the hot-keys are same.

Back to the original problem: when set accounts with "no access" permission to
directories administrator doesn't want user to access, stare menu will do
nothing even you can bring it up. The only "problem" is, the file system has
to be NTFS. I know lot of NT machines are using FAT, but NTFS seems to be the
only choice for security. I perfer NTFS rather than FAT when NT is used as the
only OS.

Jun Qian

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html