RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paul Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:08:50 -0500
Kirt,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to Alan point by point. It would be
nice to see even a bit of credible evidence (the key word being credible)
that a person can sustain themselves for a long period (a year or more) on a
strict fruitarian regimen of any type. But I don't see it. It might be
possible that a very 'hefty' person could live off of their old tissues for
quite some time, but eventually they are going to run out of their reserve.

Personally, I found I couldn't even go 2 weeks on raw vegan - including
relatively filling foods such as seed cheese and avos - without developing
constant hunger (and that was not as extreme as raw fruitarian!).

As much as we tend to criticize the 'industrial diet', at least in most
cases it supplies enough building food and is usually not completely
deficient in anything - so that many people are able to sustain some level
of good health for many years - for example, my grandmother lived to 102.

If I had only the following 2 choices - 1 year on 'SAD' or 1 year on only
fruit - I would have to choose the former.

Paul ([log in to unmask])