BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:10:35 EDT
I agree wid da czar....bravo to oak park and the early work ...the masons I
know who worked on Falling (running?)Water and on the Gugenheim both agree
that the work was like waterproofing outdoor sculpture meant to be inside.

Now for my tech question of the day;
 a builder I know wants to lay his copper roof flashing on the iron shelf
angle where I will sometime in the future lay my stone;
normally I come off such angles using soft lime putty with some portland
thrown in.
He wants to use a mastic  to hold down his copper...which one I know not (dow
corning?) I am a little reluctant to set off calk.
...anyone up to date on copper flashing techniques off of angle iron that
will have masonry set to it? Remember this angle iron will move diferently in
the heat/cold.
 as will the copper..Michael