BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lisa Sasser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Callahan's Preservationeers"
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 17:36:58 -0400
Ralph,

It was Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas (class of '77).  Believe it or
not the school has some fairly distinguished architecture alumni.  John Denver
was an architecture student there (briefly), Butch Hancock (C&W
singer/songwriter), Freddie Lakas (former Panamanian dictator, his son went
there too), Steve Oles (architectural delineator).  Knowing people like Butch
Hancock, who was a few years ahead, of me tended to reinforce my perception that
architecture school wasn't necessarily to be construed as preparation for a
career in architecture.  Also staying in school was mainly an excuse to keep my
job at the Ranching Heritage Center where I got to hang out with real cowboys
and German stone masons, climb windmills, and work on old buildings.  That's
where I learned most of the useful stuff. . .

ArchiTex Chick
Subject:    Re: The days of (thesis) reckoning...
Author: Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:       04/19/2000 11:52 PM

>Lisa,

>With the scumbag professors you had, it's a miracle you learned how to do
>anything at all useful in your five years (where did you serve your time?)
>either that, or you were no slouch before you got to ArchiSchool.   You >and
Barbara (and the rest of you chicks, too... [BIG, NONSEXIST, WINK ; >JUST
KIDDING,GALS!) must be pretty damn good to be able to put up with the >shit that
we Penis People dish out.