BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Astral Rendered Bee Wax -TM"
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 09:48:12 -0400

BPers:  He's OK.  I'll vouch for him.  He once gave me a surplus ca. 1920
Speakman Mixometer valve set with porcelain escutcheon and handle found in
the recesses of his barn.  This is my precious back-up unit in the event of
any failures of the unit that resides above the tub that sits next to the
hex tile floor that reminds me of the Eiffel Tower as I sit and ponder on a
daily basis (yes, John Leeke, it remains inescapable).  This unit was
provided to me in an advanced archaeological state replete with its attached
plumbing and the accumulated detritus of barn storage.

Ya gotta love somebody that would make such a sacrifice for a friend.

> As I see another spring spring forth and  I watch
> the state abuse yet another historic house,

Is this the continuing attack of the swiss cheese effect, or some other
something I can do something about?  We're on the landscape changes;
letters have been sent and incomplete applications received.

> Do I ask too much?

You will get too much...send out bids now for the construction of a larger
mailbox.
Dan Becker,  Executive Director          "What's this? Fan mail
Raleigh Historic                                   from some flounder?"
Districts Commission                           - Bullwinkle J. Moose