BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Trelstad, Derek" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Astral Rendered Bee Wax -TM"
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 10:57:30 -0400
Again, check 20th Century Building Materials -- a tome that does not reside
on my desk; I think it is a wallboard manufactured from cane fibers. In my
experience it is not quite as durable as gypsum wall board and homasote; but
in house built in the early part of the last century (i.e., 1900-1999
according to popular math) it is just as common as the other materials. The
material could be replaced!! And, probably should be if it is starting to
fall apart (which it is wont to do). Or, if it is sound, prepped and painted
by a pro. Wall paper would probably stick well. As would a skim coat of
plaster. But, these suggestions are positively heretic. Ralph, any thoughts?