From:
"Steven J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 22:09:23 -0600
I have built several systems around the FIC SD11 board, it is a good board,
although it is very picky about memory. But... it seems that way for all the
board for the Athlon's. Make sure to use Name Brand memory whenever
possible. And as for cases, just be sure to use one that has an Athlon
Approved Power Supply. If not, you may void your CPU warranty. As for power,
300 watt seems to be good, but I have used alot of 250 watt as well. The key
here is to be Athlon Approved.

Another board you may like to look at is the TYAN Trinity 2380 KX133. This
is what I have been using recently, since it far surpasses the FIC in
quality, and also uses the New KX133 chip from VIA see
http://www.viatech.com . One look at this board, and you know it is built to
last. It has huge cast heat sinks, as compared to the FIC's flimsy metal
ones, and only costs around
$20.00 more than the SD11.

Happy Computing!!!

Steve Wolfe.......