Matthew Ballard <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 13:41:38 -0800
If you have the Windows NT Server setup as a Workgroup Server, then you
need to make sure that in the Windows 95 Network Control Panel that the
same protocols are installed and that Client for Microsoft Networks is
installed.  Then you need to go into the Client for Microsoft Networks
properties, and set the Computer to logon to the Windows NT Domain Server.
Also, under the Identification tab, the Workgroup should be set the same.
If you don't have NetBEUI installed on the Network, then TCP/IP is used and
they should be able to communicate that way.
Matthew Ballard
Computer Consultant

At 08:16 PM 2/29/00 -0600, you wrote:
>I set up a network at home using NT Server and Workstation.  These two
>work together just fine.  However, I can't figure out how to get Windows
>95 to join the network.  I can't find anything that tells me how to
>setup the Windows 95 to join the NT network.  Everything I've tried just
>gets me a "network path can't be found" error.  Can anyone help?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html