From:
Chuck Spindler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 16:54:40 -0600
Hello everyone,

Just a brief note to say hi and introduce myself to the list.  I live in
the Chicago area (are there any others with my affliction?) and started
following a low-carbo food plan (Eades/Atkins hybrid) back in October
(1999) and have since lost 55 lbs.  My initial foray into this realm was
for weight loss (I'm 38 and currently very obese), but it soon became
apparent to me that it is about so much more than just losing weight.  I
recently read Ray Audette's book and became enamored with his work and
the Paleo approach in general.  I'm thrilled to learn that there's such
a large and enthusiastic community of PaleoPeople out there!  I couldn't
honestly say that my current food plan would be entirely achieveable if
I was naked, with a stick -- but then again, if I was even partially
naked with a stick, I'm certain I'd be quickly and permanently
incarcerated!  I hope to continue to move more and more in the Paleo
direction.  I'm already making Pemmican, for which I will post a
question or two in the near future.

For the first time in my adult life, I truly feel that there is a
pathway out of this abyss of obesity and bad health . . .

Looking forward to getting to know the list,
Chuck