CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bill Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 23:24:12 -0800
At 1:17 AM -0500 27/2/02, D. Simmons wrote:

> Excellent job of forgetting your 'outrage' at the '"inhumane and barbaric"
>treatment the prisoners at Guantanomo were supposedly receiving.
>Rationalization and bullshit. Peddle it somewhere else.

The "treatment" of the prisoners includes their unlawful kidnapping and imprisonment. If you don't think it is inhumane treatment to be arbitrarily kidnapped and held prisoner indefinitely, without any reasons given, subject to endless interrogation and without access to visits from either legal representative or family and friends, then perhaps you should try it for yourself. Why don't you go visit Pakistan or the Phillipines? I believe there are some volunteers conducting remedial courses in "understanding unlawful imprisonment" in these regions. Priority is being given to candidates from the US I understand, obviously they feel that yanks are most in need.

These friendly neighbourhood gangsters are even offering a bonus course in "understanding capital punishment".

Bill Bartlett
Bracknell Tas