CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tresy Kilbourne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 15:13:39 -0700
on 4/1/00 9:33 PM, Issodhos @aol.com at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> So, does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with the census?  I find
> even the short form to be highly invasive and unrelated to what the
> constitutional reason for the census is.
I don't know anything about any "long form," only the one I filled out,
which took about 5 minutes. Aside from name and ages of household members,
it asked whether we owned our home, mortgaged it, or rented it. Then there
was the racial identification. No questions about income or buying patterns
or any kind.

Since it's a pretty simple matter for anyone to find out who the owner of
real property is, without help of the census, it boils down to the racial
questions. If you object to those, why not just make up an answer? Race is a
social construct, no? So there's no false answer. This is what the Race
Traitor people would probably do.

As for the suggestion that the data is funneled to businesses, do you or
anyone have a source to point to on this? I would be interested in knowing
more.
--
Tresy Kilbourne
Seattle WA