C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Laura Cleveland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 11:41:13 -0400
At what point do you think I can start using this for my cancer?--I'm
having alot of pain (mostly in the rear) trying to get this house ready to
show. Now would be a good time, me thinks! : )
----------
> From: Paulsen & Company, Inc. <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: (Please have Vivian Klauber read this to the group 4/6/2000)
MNState Representative Karen Clark, First and foremost,I would like to
thank you for organizing the First NationalClinical Conference on Cannabis
Therapeutics.
> Date: Friday, April 07, 2000 10:12 AM
>
> Dear Friends,
>
> First and foremost, I would like to thank you for organizing the First
> National
> Clinical Conference on Cannabis Therapeutics.  The scientific work being
done
> on the medicinal uses of marijuana is important because it increases the
> possibilities for treatment of many debilitating medical conditions, and
> also carries
> the possibility of improving the quality of life of many patients.
>
> The clinical information transmitted by this conference and other medical
> research, is crucial, but will accomplish very little if it is not shared
> outside of
> the scientific community.  Folks who work in the medical/scientific
community
> need to share their findings with persons and organizations who work in
> criminal
> justice and the government.  Without these lines of communication,
cannabis
> therapeutics will never be widely accepted or legal, and people who
suffer
> from
> cancer, HIV, AIDS, glaucoma, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, and
> epilepsy--
> to name a few-- will never have legal access to a drug that could
potentially
> improve their health.
>
> I realize the scope of this conference is strictly scientific, but I
would
> urge
> you to encourage your conference participants to engage in the
legislative
> politics of medical marijuana.  Science provides hard evidence in support
> of this
> issue, and this evidence could be used as an effective educational tool
at the
> both state and congressional levels.  Please address the need for
> communication
> between all of these communities and resources.
>
> In Minnesota, we have been fortunate to have several energetic local
advocates
> involved in organizing support at the Minnesota Legislature: Darrell
> Paulsen, a
> dedicated disability advocate, Aaron Neumann, one of the founders of
> Minnesotans for Compassionate Use and Vivian Klauber, citizen advocate,
> Drug Policy
> Reform Group of Minnesota.  Additionally, George McMahon, one the few
> federally
> authorized legal marijuana patients and a founder of Patients Out of
Time, has
> effectively testified in the Minnesota House and Senate health
committees.
> Their
> experiences could provide inspiration and could be useful resources for
your
> conference.
>
> I especially urge you to advise your colleagues and peers to share
medical
> information and scientific facts about cannabis therapeutics with their
> state and
> congressional legislators.  Attached is a list of state legislators and
U.S.
> congresspersons who strongly support "compassionate use" of marijuana for
> medicinal purposes, which was compiled  by the Marijuana Policy Project.
>
> Have a productive conference and please help keep us in Minnesota
informed
> about your progress in this important work.
>
> Sincerely,
>

> Karen Clark
> State Representative

> Darrell Paulsen and His Team are active with the
> Americans with Disabilities Act He is an ADA committee member
> in South St. Paul and helps to recognize the need for improvements
> in the community.
>
> Surf out What's NEW on our Products Page
> http://www.winternet.com/~disabled/product.html
>
> And, don't forget to tell your friends and co-workers about
> iGive and your favorite cause.  It's the easiest way to raise money!
> Just have them go to http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=6653
>
> THIS IS HIS PUBLIC Email Address, MAILTO:[log in to unmask]
>
> Darrell also is a member of:
>
> Minnesota Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities
> Human Rights Commission of South Saint Paul
> United Cerebral Palsy of Minnesota/Government Activities Committee
> Saint Paul Mayor's Advisory Committee for People with Disabilities
> Reform Party of Minnesota - LD 39B Chair
> The MN Disability Employment Awareness Month Committee (MDEAM)
> Transportation Accessibility Advisory Committee (TAAC)
>
> As someone with a disability, he has experienced the road blocks first
hand
> and now he wants to bring awareness to the obstacles so they can be
> resolved. He and his staff do this through a presentation on disability
> awareness and sensitivity training.
>
> Our presentations are geared toward:
>
>        * BUSINESSES
>        * CHURCHES
>        * SCHOOLS
>        * GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
>        * NURSING HOMES
>        * HOSPITALS
>
> We can adapt presentations to fit just about any situation. Call for
details
> (651) 455-3013 TDD (651) 554-3200 or Email MAILTO:[log in to unmask]
>
> (c)1996-2000 All material on this site is copyright protected.
> Revised by : Ray Manning 3rd of Paulsen & Company.
> This message posted by Paulsen and Co a non-profit disability awareness
> organization.  For more information about us please check out our
> website at:   http://www.winternet.com/~disabled/  [The Opinions And
> Views Discussed Above Are Those Of The Writers, And Not Necessarily
> Supported By The Groups Or Organizations Mention Above.]
>
> Our postings are meant for informational purposes only. Individuals or
> organizations wishing to be removed may request by submitting an EMail.
We