BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Met History <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 17:12:52 EDT
What I learned on "Take Your Daughter To Work Day"

    On take your daughter to work day, I had a lot of fun.  I learned many
things and realized some as well.
    One thing I learned as well as realized is that some people are very weak
when it comes to paying someone for doing work for them.  I saw this when I
went to the office of Gary Handel.  We were having lunch at an Italian
restaurant about two blocks from the office of Gxxxx Hxxx and we were talking
about the things we were going to say and why we were doing this.  We found
out later that while we were having lunch, the table across from us was
inhabited (i know that is spelled wrong!) by who else than Gxxxx Hxxx!

    After lunch we headed over to his office and when we got there, we asked
to see Gxxxx Hxxx.  We waited for a lllloooonnnngggg time and then someone
who said that he was Gxxxx Hxxxx's partner, came out and said that Gxxx Hxxxx
was busy!  We told him the story and he said with a nervous laugh, "Oh! That
isn't good!"  And we said "ya! We want our money" and we said that we wanted
it in one week.  We later recieved a check from Gxxxx Hxxx.  As delighted as
we were, we didn't see any extra money added which would have covered the
interest and court costs.

    We sent the check back with a letter that I myself wrote telling him that
he had to pay interest and a additional fee for the court costs.  I said that
we also would be more than happy to settle the matter in court.  We, then,
about a couple of weeks later, recieved a letter and a check from Gxxxx Hxxx.
 On the check and in the letter, it said that it was the "Best Invoice" he
had ever recieved.

     You can see that I have learned a lot in this experience.  It was fun,
interesting, and annoying, waiting for the money because my dad said that I
could have the additional amount of money that needed to be added to the
origional check.  I spent the $117.00 on two pairs of shoes at Steve Madden,
one pair black with huge platforms, the other pair of light blue patent
leather with small spike heels.

Signed, Olivia Gray, Age 12, Grade School Bill Collector