BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 11:11:45 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

> People outside of the field are more likely to look there for answers than
here and after all you could count on a straight answer at P-L.

Do we need to revive PL so that we can avoid lost tourists asking questions?

The premise behind BP, despite the problems of keeping a straight face, is
that in the chaos of play in dialogue we provide context of community and
when a question is asked we have, at our own discretion, a means to reinforce
our own personal judgement as to the worth of the answer. The straight answer
is no longer the sole possession of the straight authority. The cost of the
answers, and of the liberation to judge information for ourselves, is putting
up with each other. BP represents an experiment in how the global information
network can provide a semblance of verified information in a human context.

][<en