BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 20:21:12 -0700
I learned to cook on a woodstove, that's all we had except for an
electric stove my grandmother kept in the pantry.  I think it was the
FIRST electric stove ever built and I could boil water quicker over a
campfire than on that stove.  I love cooking on wood but the house we
elected to buy is not well set up for one.  As it was built about a
hundred years ago I have yet to figure out what they did use for
cooking. We have steam radiators that I'm sure are original to the
house and I'm quite sure that the furnace burned coal originally.
There is no chimney thimble in the kitchen that I have found so I
don't know what they used for cooking.  Ruth

--
Ruth Barton
Westminster, VT