BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 17:51:11 EDT
Judge Gabriel Orgrease, Presiding?

Not exactly possible and/or recommended.

Buck Orgrease, Gab & Eti's dad, for a time toward the end of his illustrious
career, served, I think it was for about four months and six days, possibly
more like 6.5 days, as the Bullamanka County Justice. I am certain he would
have ruled in favor of Sharpshooter on a case of indebtedness as he was
something of a wobbly judge, not too firm on his feet, and had a thing, along
with his friend Constable Portocini, for promoting telepathic chickens at the
County Fair. All qualities that I am sure would have endeared Buck to swiftly
move in favor of Sharpshooter and to have the offending party piked then
quartered before being thrown out as gull bait at the Bullamanka dump on a
sweltering, muggy, Saturday afternoon in August.

Unfortunate for Sharpshooter that Buck is deceased, well preserved,
petrified, wrapped in muslin and soaked in Jamaican rum, and remains sitting
in the heirloom rocker in the basement, next to the hedge hog pen and a pile
of dead personal computers, where Eti occasionally festoons him with
miniature Xmas lights, myrtle sprigs, and bayberry incense.

Gabriel, being quite unlike his father and possibly because of being hit in
the head with a plow handle when he was aged seven, is not one to be found on
television stages or in courtrooms, excepting on the downside. Gab was
arraigned in court in July of 1994 on charges of possession of an illegal
television set in his PU truck. Though in fact and undeniably there was a
small B & W television set in his truck, found behind the seat during a
routine safety check, the invoice from Radio Shack was proven, with the help
of a local paw-writing expert, to have been signed by Altoona, the family
dog, and all charges against Gab were subsequently dropped.

Having Gabriel as a judge may prove entertaining, but judging from his
history of decision making capacities I would sincerely speak against
soliciting my good friend, or his sister, for such weighty services and
instead suggest you all speak to Altoona.

][<en