BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Gray, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 10:07:18 -0400
The Rural Cuz is trying extremely hard to find a way to be PC here, but a
large portion of our state could go the way of the loader under those
standards!!!  You should have heard the outcry when the "unofficial state
print" the Arkansas Traveler came back into circulation!  Why is was just
UNSEEMLY our state should be represented on a quaint historic print
depicting "THOSE PEOPLE" (read, poor whites) standing in the door of an
obviously squalid shack!!!!!  MY GAWD AT THE INDIGNITIES!!!!!

But then the Cuz also knows a little scattered gentrification does help pull
the neighborhood up, doesn't it...

Signed,

Wish I Could Get My Judith Martin Voice Down Pat