BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deborah Bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "lapsit exillas"
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 21:51:28 PDT
>From: Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
>
> > wifhin I waf fittin on the coaft of long ifland right about now...
>
>Where you been deb?
>
>][<en

WELL, lessee,

I've been here a lot, lurking  ;)
especially enjoyed your treatise on the sad state of affairs among
the construction classes... almost replied with more of the same,
but decided you'd pretty much said it all
(I've seen it in the schools, too; have decided classism is big big
problem in this country, but that's a whole 'nother soapbox, so will
resist urge to spout here ....)

been in NYC a couple times, worked a big project in Indy the past
week for an atlanta contractor     (big clustergaggle is better description,
"project" somehow sounds too organized  ;) )

haven't been in KY or anywhere else caving in a long time and
miss it something dreadful....

have done some teaching, and mostly concentrating on getting
daughter thru last semester of high school alive   ;)

and getting ready to take daughter on roadtrip graduation present
to points south, west, and north, as yet to be determined...
I'm looking at national parks, she's looking at clubs...
still some points to be determined here  ;)

I have a lot of work bid in all over the place, but nothing in the
drawer yet... if 1/3 of it comes thru, I'll be in good shape til
this winter, and get to see the usa in my chevrolet while I'm at
it   ;)
(love those pools and the raisin bran at holiday inn express...
last week my room was bigger than my house... now that's luxury  ;) )

drew, any word on those 20 floors of stalls in NYC?
have dewalt, sawzall, climbing gear, and panel dolly,
will travel   ;)

have finished my autocad classes, and have official certificate
of completion, oh boy, can now draw shitters with precision using
space-age technology, so plumber can STILL put fixtures in
wrong locations   ;)
carpenters say "blocking? what blocking?  ohhh, THAT blocking, uhhh,
plumbers musta knocked it outta the way gettin to their carriers..."

I have a gateway laptop now, ostensibly to do drawings and estimates
and for communications even while out of town, etc
(because of course the construction world just grinds to a
screeching halt the moment I leave my house and p.m.'s can't
get daily updates for their daily meetings...
"yes, your order is still in fabrication at the factory, and will be
shipping in 32 days now, updated from 33 yesterday...."

but find myself instead, writing in the weirdest
places at the strangest times about the dumbest things....
people never cease to amaze me is an understatement....
I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone's summer plans include, who's
working where, doing what, etc,
and may be back in NYC in late july or early august,
and probably again in september, so
hope to make one of the gatherings this year   ;)
I'll scoop up hilary, throw some gear in the trunk, and head to
montclair or the unhamptons or where ever  ;)

my best to all of you, you keep me sane.....
in this wackky wackky world of construction   ;)

deb