BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Leeke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Astral Rendered Bee Wax -TM"
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 10:08:53 -0400
Ruth writes:
>>PS:  Neither my husband nor I are very handy at this sort of thing
but we can't seem to find anybody in this area who knows even as much
as we do about fixing old house stuff, all they want to do is rip it
out and put in new and that's not what I want to do.<<

Hold onto your windows, Ruth.

I've been helping a group of young women in Vermont who are starting up a
company that will specialize in window work. It started last summer when I
gave a three-day workshop over there for The Preservation Institute. One of
the participants was a real live wire. This winter I helped a research firm
do a marketing study for the window women, in the spring I'll be reviewing
their business plan and during the summer it looks like I'll be their
technical advisor with more hands-on training and some business coaching.

Also, this week I'm finalizing my newest publication in the Practical
Restoration Report series titled Wood Windows. Watch for an announcement
right here on BP.

John Leeke
by hammer and hand great works do stand
by pen and thought best words are wrought