BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:25:34 -0500

If the outhouse is contemporaneous with the construction of the house in
1893, it's not likely.  The city did not have a water system until 1887, and
then it was a privately owned system only for fire fighting in the central
core.  It wasn't until the early 1900s that the city bought the water works
and began to develop the system for potable water.  and this house was built
on the northern part of town outside the original 1-mile square, prior to
its being annexed.

It will take more careful analysis than my quick walk around afforded to
determine the full and exact pedigree of this serendipity.