BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"J.A. Drew Diaz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 14:26:45 -0600
Met History wrote:

> .... bedroom.   Our kitchen vent (GE microwave w/vent to 4" duct to outside
> wall) really stinks - probably as bad as all that shrinky stuff people have
> been putting on the steps of historic sites all over the country.

Having just reinstalled my Brand new GE Micro/Convection-
Didn't take into account that Mrs. Drew is 5'3" I'll wade in--
1 real men toss the directions
2- seems to me that the overall length of vent is not to exceed 20 lf W/  a
formula where in you add 2 or 3 ft for every elbow
so you seem to be within design parameters here-
3- did you remount/configure the fan for exhaust?have you given it the Marlboro
test??
4- did you remove the blue plastic tape that was holding the outside damper
closed?
5- have you removed those shiny silvery filters on the bottom
6- is 4" enough??

DD