BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 21:30:26 -0500
At 9:52 AM 01/08/2000, Leland Torrence wrote:
>Ruth,
Hi Leland,  Never got clear up to Landgrove to a dance.  Ted Glabach, my
neighbor, used to call square dances all over.  Did you know any of the
Twitchell family, or Shattucks?  They are my cousins.  Ruth

>    Yep... that'd be it....  as you may know that was *the* way north on
>that side of the state.  Before I 91 the whole section north of "Brat"
>hugged tightly to the river and the "guard rail" was period stones set
>pointy side up. I was disappointed when they stretched the ribbon of road
>straight.
>     I spent most of my youth in Londonderry two miles up Hell's Peak Road
>from the location of the original Adam's Market and Merrill's General Store.
>We also had a family farm in Woodstock about three miles outside of town on
>Cloudland Road.  My Dad is currently in Norwich and sister in Warren.  With
>few exceptions most of the family has moved out of state.
>    I have been to Newfane many times for the flea market and a few barn
>dances.  Did you ever go to dances in Landgrove?
>
>Best,
>Leland

Ruth (HOUGHTON) BARTON
Westminster,Vermont, USA