Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kevin Nowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 15:18:13 EST
In a message dated 3/22/2000 7:02:01 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Its not possible to use both as it is taking the place of your a: drive.
 Jenelle

 Jenelle Vollmer wrote:

 > You don't need to use both with the LS120, as it acts as your floppy and
your
 > superdrive
 >
 > Kevin Nowicki wrote:
 >
 > > In a message dated 3/22/2000 12:42:29 AM Pacific Standard Time,
 > > [log in to unmask] writes:
 > >
 > > << Thanks for your reply. So am I correct in saying that the LS120
replaces
 > > the
 > >  floppy and it's not possible to use both?
 > >   >>
 > >
 > > Mick,
 > >
 > > I built a PII 233 a couple years back and when I installed an LS120 I
had to
 > > get a bios update first.  After the update, the LS120 was recognized.  I
set
 > > it as drive B: and still kept my floppy as drive A:   Perhaps a bios
update
 > > is all you may need.  I didn't need to disable a thing in bios on mine.
 > >
 > > HTH,
 > > Kevin Nowicki

Yes, it can take the place of your a: drive if you want it to do that.  As
mentioned earlier, the tweaks etc will depend on your OS and your BIOS.  In
my case I like the flexibility of copying off a floppy directly to the LS120.
 I was able to reduce the number of backup floppies considerably.  I did
install using Win95b as well as the BIOS update.  It is also connected via
LAN and is able to store from Win98 and Win95a.

There are a number of ways to configure the LS120.  You should just determine
your own needs and set it up accordingly.  If you need more detailed info for
your particular setup, feel free to email me offlist.

Kevin Nowicki

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html