CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The philosophy, work & influences of Noam Chomsky" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
michael pugliese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:11:21 -0800
 Meecham, signer of the , "Free Slobodan milosevic!, "petition
of the ICDSM. The signers subject of a webblog called, "slobboblogging,
" or some such. defend Slobo the slughterer of 200,000 Bosnians,
go ahead! Michael Pugliese--- Original Message ---
>From: "William C. Meecham" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Date: 2/26/02 12:13:49 PM
>

>Progressives have no obligation on the below, one can be confident
that the
>corporate media will issue an appropriate number of peeps indeed
of rants.

>At 08:32 AM 2/25/02 +0100, you wrote:
>>"D. Simmons" wrote:
>> >
>> > It's been days and not a peep out of the chomskyite faction
concerning the
>> > treatment of an American Jew held prisoner by the Islamic
'Freedom
>> Fighters'
>> > of Pakistan. No demands for the Red Cross (or even the Green
Crescent)
>> to be
>> > allowed a visit? Oops! That's right, they would only have
a bodiless
>> head to
>> > speak to! That wouldn't do.:-)
>>
>>Who are you talking about?  I haven't heard anything about
an American
>>Jew being held prisoner.  Why did you tell us this person is
a Jew, and
>>an American, instead of telling us the person's name?  What
difference
>>does it make to you that a prisoner is Jewish or American?
 After all
>>we've written here, why would you still think Americanness
and
>>Jewishness would matter to us?  Can you tell us more about
this person?
>>The only prisoner I have heard about in the news is Daniel
Pearl.  He's
>>dead.  I assume he was American, but I don't know if he was
Jewish. But
>>he had the weight of the State Department, the CIA, the WSJ,
CNN, the