BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - \"Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks.\" -- Mary D" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Lawrence Kestenbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 08:49:25 -0400
On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Ralph Walter wrote:

> Yeah, but why ruin a perfectly good lunch by subjecting yourself to some
> idiot's (or my) problems?  If they're paying, it's another matter.  But could
> they possibly feed you well enough to make listening to their problems worth
> ruining your lunch?
>
> How do shrinks do it (with a light bulb? a crowbar? a sliderule? it has to
> want to be done)?

My wife, who is a shrink, likes to point out that (1) she's being paid for
it, and (2) after 45 minutes, she gets to say, "I'm sorry, but that's all
the time we have for today."  Friends and bartenders don't usually have
that power.

Me, I'm not cut out for the kind of work she does.

---
Lawrence Kestenbaum, [log in to unmask]