From:
Dharam Bhardwaj <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 13:36:04 -0700
One of my machines, a P200 overclocked to 225 (don't laugh!), running
Windows98 sometimes(intermittent) freezes when not in use for a period
of time(say overnight). The Power Mgmt is turned off in the bios. It is
not a heat problem,since I can simply hit the reset button to boot the
system. There are no screen savers running, nor any scheduled tasks,
hardware diagnostics report no memory or other problems. It is possible
I am not doing exhaustive diagnostics. The motherboard is a DFI pentium
1.
Any ideas what could cause the freeze up?
Another unrelated question, what benefit is there in disabling the
secondary IDE, if not used, in the BIOS?
Regards,
Dharam

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org